2.13inch e-Paper HAT
This is 2.13inch e-Paper module, 250x122 resolution, SPI interface, supports black and white colors.
- Size： 2.13 inch
- Dimension（Raw panel）：59.2mm × 29.2mm × 1.05mm
- Display area：48.55mm × 23.71mm
- Operating voltage：3.3V/5V
- Pitch：0.194* 0.194
- Display colors：Black, White
- Gray scale：2
- Partial update ：0.3s
- Fully update ：2s
- Consumption (refresh) ： 26.4mW(typ.)
- Consumption (standby) ：<=0.017mW
Update time: The data provided is for reference, the actual time may be different according to the MCU. The e-Paper will flicker when updating, it is normal
Consumption: The data provided is for reference, the actual consumption may be different according to the driver board.
The e-Paper only supports writing, therefore the MISO pin is hidden.
CS is slave chip select, when CS is low, the chip is enabled.
DC is data/command control pin, when DC = 0, write command, when DC = 1, write data.
SCLK is the SPI communication clock.
SDIN is the data line from the master to the slave in SPI communication.
Timing：CPHL=0， CPOL=0 （SPI0）
【Note】You can search more documents of SPI bus online.
Pixel & Byte
We define the pixels in a monochrome picture, 0 is black and 1 is white.
- The dot in the figure is called a pixel. As we know, 1 and 0 are used to define the color, therefore we can use one bit to define the color of one pixel, and 1 byte = 8pixels
- For example, If we set first 8 pixels to black and the last 8 pixels to white, we show it by codes, they will be 16 bit as below:
1、Working requirements of e-Paper?|
- 【Working】Temperature: 0~50°C; Humidity: 35%~65%RH
- 【Storage】Temperature: ≤30°C; Humidity: ≤55%RH; Max storage time: 6 months
- 【Transport】Temperature: -25~70°C; Max transport time: 10 days
- 【Unpack】Temperature: 20°C±5°C; Humidity: 50%RH±5%RH; Max storage time: Should be assembled in 72h
2、 What do you need to note about e-Paper refreshing
- Refresh mode
- Full refresh: e-Paper flicker when full refreshing to remove ghost image for best display.
- Partial refresh: It doesn't flicker if you use partial refresh (only some of the two-color e-paper support partial refresh). Note that you cannot use Partial refresh all the time, you should full refresh e-paper regularly, otherwise, ghost problem will get worse even damage
- Refresh rate
- When using, you should set the update interval at least 180s. (except Partial supportable types)
- Please set the e-Paper to sleep mode or power off it directly, otherwise, the e-Paper is damaged because of working in high voltage for a long time.
- You need to update the content of three-color e-Paper at least one time every 24h to avoid the burn-in problem.
- Working place
- We recommend you to use the e-Paper indoor. If you need to set the e-paper outdoor, Please place the e-paper in shadow and protect it from UV. When you designed you e-paper product, you should take care about the working situation like temperature, humidity, etc.
3、Why the e-Paper display a black frame？
- You can configure Border Waveform Control register or VCOM AND DATA INTERVAL SETTING register to change the frame.
4、Could the e-Paper work again after sleeping？
- You can use the initial function to wake it up and then update.